Thursday 6 November 2008

Things I've always wanted - Part 1

I'm sure most of you out there have a list of things you'd really like to have. Some may be way out of reach (like the big house in the country) and others, well, others are just plain silly things that you have no need for and serve no purpose. So even though you can afford them, you've never quite got round to getting them because, well, they're just silly.

And this is one such thing for me......




Yes, dog tags. Go figure.

Of course, if you're serving in the armed forces then these are not silly and most definitely serve a purpose. But for me? Silly. But I want them nonetheless and quite by chance today I came across a site selling them. Stamped, apparently, by one of only two US Army dog tag stamping machines in the UK.

How can a girl resist?

So now I'm deciding what to have stamped on them and then they can be crossed off my list.

7 comments:

  1. "If found, please return to the pub."

    That's what I'd have on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted one of those too! On holiday I admired one hung round the neck of a Swedish guy and he said it is the custom in Sweden to be given one on your 21st birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are popular with my grandsons who like all things army.
    I have something for you over at my place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you, I'd love some, too. I think mine would say "appearances can be deceiving" that should about cover it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh very nice...
    Mine would say "Still trying to decide" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helloooo?? How about a link for those of us who have always had the same wish. I'm actually kind of amazed someone else wants these too. It's not exactly on my Bucket List but dog tags have always been pretty cool to me.

    Oh. And never mind because I just happened to put my mouse on the picture and it gives the link. So scratch that rude helloooo.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.