Tuesday 11 November 2008

11th Hour, 11th Day, 11th Month


At 11am today, this blog is holding a minute's silence in rememberance of those who have lost their lives fighting for their country, and for us.

Please join me.

Remembrance Day

By Vicky Poxon (13)

For every red poppy
That grows in the field
Marks the bravery of men
That the battle did kill

For every soldier
That lay down his life
He left behind
A family, a life

For every red poppy
That sways in the breeze
Remember the men
Who died for our peace.

8 comments:

  1. A beautiful image and a beautiful verse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I didn't do a post today I did join you. That is a beautiful poem for a 13yr old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely image and poem for today! I’ll join you in a moment of silence at the appointed time.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll join you too but my time zone will be different!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll join you too but my time zone will be different!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are joining you, and being thoughtful all day long ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. how beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.