Wednesday 19 November 2008

Sorry 'bout that

Apologies for the little blip in blogging yesterday.

I woke up with a bit of a headache - I suspect from too much chocolate over the last few days...if you haven't tried Cadbury's Crunchie Nuggets, I suggest you do. They are to die for. And addictive. They look like little left over bits of Crunchie bar covered in chocolate and I suspect some bright spark at Cadburys saw these little left over bits and a lightbulb went on in their head. Whoever they are, they deserve a knighthood!

Anyway, I digress, I woke up with a bit of a headache and took a couple of Nurofen. Normally that does the trick but for some reason yesterday, I took a major turn for the worse and headed deep into space cadet territory. I have no idea if it was the tablets or the migraine taking its course but I felt dreadful. I ended up taking the afternoon off sick and sleeping it off. I felt better but the headache didn't really go until sometime in the early hours of this morning.

So, curtains.

Firstly, a big huge thank you to Lesley Rigby who sent me a dvd on how to make curtains! Lesley, you are a lovely person and thank you!

So I set off to the fabric shop on Saturday morning...only to find that the fabric shop is no more. It's now a huge Lidl supermarket instead. Ain't that a sign of the times? I headed into the nearest town thinking that the local Department Store might have a fabric department. They did, but on the way to it I had to walk through the curtain department and there, right in front of me, were the perfect curtains. A deep maroon colour, that matched my bedroom curtains, fully lined and, the best bit...they were marked down by 50%!! What's a girl to do? She buys them, that's what she does. So for for £50 I had two pairs of curtains - one set for the doors and another for the office/dining room!

But Lesley, fear not, your DVD will still be very useful because I still have some more curtains to make in the Spring as I want to have a set of summer curtains for the doors as well.

7 comments:

  1. Headaches are sooooo horrible! My Mommy gets them & she just crys! Really sorry you had one! Making curtains! That sounds fun! Do your doggies snuggle at your feet when you sew? I try to get in my Mommy's lap but she pushes me down! Have a great day! Don't eat so much chocolate!
    Hugs & Snugs
    Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

    ReplyDelete
  2. the very best thing about a headache is the realization that it's gone.
    hugs-
    P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't blame you for buying the curtains but of course you would have made them better! It is very time consuming and you do seem to have a million things to do.
    I have a chocolate addiction which I had given up for 6 years, until an electrician's work upset me and I had to send my husband to buy me chocolate........I ate it for the next 2 years!! Given up again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those crunchy nuggets sound like they were made to go on a gallon of ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, another addiction coming on.... crunchy nuggets... going to go to shop right Now.
    Poor you with head. I get those too. Some you just cant win with, so have to go to bed and coax it away. Hope you are better now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Photos of curtains, please! :D Sorry about your migraines. Both my daughters and son suffer with these. I have had a few but not many, thank God!

    ReplyDelete
  7. my hero.
    (I'd buy them before sewing - no competition)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.