Wednesday 26 November 2008

Do you believe in spooky happenings?

I hope this isn't going to sound far-fetched for those sceptics amongst you but I cross my heart that this is really what happened.

You remember on Monday I was bemoaning the fact that I was struggling to read a book? Well, last night I started tidying up my book shelves. I moved a pile of books from the bedroom and onto the shelves and, as I turned around, two books fell off the shelf. One was a copy of Schott's Original Miscellany, which is really just a browsing book, and the other was a book called The Rebel Angels by Robertson Davies.

I can honestly say that I have never seen this latter book on my bookshelves before. Obviously it must have been there otherwise it couldn't have fallen off but I have absolutely no idea where it came from. Whilst I would struggle to name every book on the shelves, I thought I had a pretty good idea what was there, particularly as when I moved here 2 years ago there was a major clear-out of books and much soul-searching as to what would stay and what would go. This book was published in 1989 so it's not new and judging by its worn edges, it has been read before.

So I picked it up, started reading it.....and it's brilliant and I'm hooked.

Spooky or what?

10 comments:

  1. Does sound a bit spooky. I hate mysteries and like to get to the bottom of things-might it belong to he who has gone-just wondered?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I'm glad your house ghost found you that book ~ hope it does the trick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could it have belonged to someone who has stayed with you? If not it's a bit spooky, but I want to hear of a real headless ghost wandering amongst the trees outside the cottage on a misty night!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does sounds a bit spooky, but as this spooky happening seems to have helped you find the thing you recently lost ("ability to sit down with a book")it can only be a good spook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does sounds a bit spooky, but as this spooky happening seems to have helped you find the thing you recently lost ("ability to sit down with a book")it can only be a good spook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So spooky - I said it twice! *snort*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would say yes. Yes it is definitely spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Obviously a spook who is looking out for you, sometimes these things are just meant to be. Happy reading!
    Emx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Web Site Design: here are the few tips for designing the websites for detail click the link below.
    Web Page Promote:webpage promote: want to rank your site in google here are the few lessons you should know...
    World College Information:hey guys here are the college listing which is helpful for the students who wants to study aboard....
    Learn World Language Online:Click here to learn world language onle.....
    Electro Network Online:For the computer users they should know the most important factors about the booting sequence in windows . You should know what happens during preboot sequence, during boot sequence, Kernal load phase, kernal load initialization, logon phase.
    Virus Removeable
    Google Adsense
    Forex
    Earn Online Money
    Sexy Wallpaper
    Angilina Jolie Life Story

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spooky, but fabulous. :D

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.