A quirk is defined as a peculiarity of action, behavior, or personality; mannerism. We are all unique individuals, having quirks that help make us who we are. I would like to know what your quirks are. Confess to one, confess to ten, you decide. Just come back Monday ready to spill the beans, the rest of the world may look at you like you are from Mars, but you‘re among friends here. We won’t laugh, in fact that eccentricity just may endear you to us more.
Quirks. Hmmmm.....if you asked me if I had any quirks I would have said I had them in spades. But now I come to write about them, I can't seem to bring them all to mind, they are probably such an integral part of my nature that I don't think of them as quirks any more! But here's a few:
1. If we're having dinner where I put food in serving bowls on the table, I cannot bear to have other people put food on my plate, even if they are being helpful because I'm running round getting the things I've forgotten to put on the table. I HAVE to serve myself. Himself used to do this for me and it used to send me into a complete tizz.
2. I have to serve food steaming hot. Himself despairs and has to wait 10 minutes before he can eat his dinner.
3. My last mouthful of food from my plate has to be a small bit of everything that was on it.
4. Trousers must be folded at the seams and NOT creased down the middle of the leg. Himself does that and it drives me insane.
5. Toilet rolls on the holder have to unroll "over" not under.
6. If I'm driving and I'm turning right, please don't tell me that the road to my left is clear. I'M in control of the car and will check for myself, thank you.
7. To me, baked beans are breakfast food, so having them for tea is a bit of a treat. Himself says that's definitely one of my quirks because everyone knows baked beans are meant to be eaten at tea time and having them for breakfast is just plain silly.
8. Eating fried eggs on toast - I eat as much white as I can without disturbing the yolk. Then I carefully remove the rest of the white from around the yolk, then spread the yolk over my toast.
9. Boiled eggs - If they've been over done and aren't runny any more, I add a little knob of butter to make the yolk runny again. We were staying with my mum and step-father once when both my mother and I did this. My step-father and Himself just looked at us with the jaws dropping. Mum and I looked back and asked what the heck their problem was. They still don't get it.
10. Ketchup goes on the side of the plate..not all over the food. Unless it's mayo on salad, then it goes all over.
I'm sure there are a lot more and I shall update the list as they come to me!
Now head on over to Lisa's Chaos to find out about everyone else's quirks!