Sunday 10 February 2008

Spring is Sprung

Spring is sprung,
The grass is riz,
I wonder where de birdies is?
De little birds is on de wing,
Ain’t dat absurd?
De little wing is on de bird!

My grandfather always used to say this to me. Not for any particular reason he just liked the sound of it I think! But this weekend spring has most definitely sprung. The sun has been shining and, more importantly, had some warmth to it, despite the ground frost first thing. There's still a nip in the air but it finally feels like we're coming out of winter. Not that we're under any illusions. Last year it snowed in February so the weather might still yet surprise us. But for the moment we're making the most of it.

It's been so lovely to throw open the windows and hang the washing out in the sun to air, if not dry. And it's been nice to have a little time to get out with my camera and mark the coming of Spring.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.