Monday 25 February 2008

Fun Monday #10

Mariposa is this week's host for Fun Monday. The assignment is this

(1) Please share to us how the NAME of your BLOG was made? I can't wait to hear interesting funny stories!

(2) Please share to us (in words or photo, though a combination of both will be a bonus!) your favorite/ most common dish!

Well, this is going to be fairly straightforward. Not only because there is absolutely nothing interesting behind how my blog came by its name but also because I completely messed up. I've been thinking about the second part of this assignment all week, trying to decide on my favourite and most commonly cooked dish. Having decided it was roast lamb, I was planning on cooking that for dinner last night so I could take some photographs of it. Except I forgot and got a piece of pork out of the freezer instead.

So, Blog name: Aoj & The Lurchers - Life in a Lurcher Household, and Other Stories. I mentioned in this post here how I came by the nickname "Aoj". In case you don't want to go clicking about the ether - they are three of my four initials and the name was given me by one of my ex-boyfriends. "The Lurchers" bit....well, when I started this blog it was my intention that it would be about life lived with Lurchers, although I did give myself the caveat of "and other stories" in case I wanted to broaden my horizons. Which was just as well really because a blog every day about walking two Lurchers was not going to make the most scintillating reading.

Favourite dish.....well, now that depends on what sort of mood I'm in. I do like food that has lots of flavour so any spicy food is good, such as Chinese, Thai or Indian. Given a choice of what to eat on a regular basis it would be one of those. I also really love to eat with my fingers so the Chinese/Thai works well for me.

My other favourite, and probalby the one we have most often, is roast leg of lamb. I like to cook it long and slow until it's really tender and falling off the bone......none of this pink meat thank you very much. Meat should be cooked not baaing or mooing on the plate. I serve it up with roast potatoes, roast parsnips, and some green vegetable such as broccoli, sprouts or green beans. Oh and lashings of thick, tasty gravy!

Head over to Mariposas to read everyone else's stories!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.