Monday 4 February 2008

Fun Monday #7

This week's Fun Monday is being hosted by Tiggerlane over at The Neophyte Blogger.

Here is the for assignment this week:

Have you heard of The Bucket List? Well, that's what I want from you! Make a list of things you want to do before you die. It must be at least five items - and you can make it as long as you desire. Photos are optional. And let's hear about some of the wackiest, most bizarre to-do's on your Bucket List!

So here's my list - which is very dependent on me winning the lottery.

1. Travel in space - Space and space travel has always fascinated me - which probably explains why I love reading Science Fiction/Fantasy and love watching Star Trek and any space-based movie (It may be a naff film but I could watch Independence Day over and over!). If commercial space flights ever become regularly available you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be on one!

2. Build my own house - I have wanted to have a house built to my specifications for as long as I can remember. I have, in my head, every single detail of how I want the house to look and I'm constantly refining it. It will have big spacious rooms and be in the middle of nowhere with stables for horses and kennels for the rescue dogs to get them out of danger. I have colour schemes worked out, I know what furniture I want and where it will go. It's all planned.

3. Take a trip in an hot air balloon - This is something I've only thought about doing recently. A friend of mine (Ali, who comments on here from time to time) recently did one and had an absolute blast.

4. Buy an Aston Martin DB9 - I wouldn't consider myself a snob in many respects. I don't place too much importance on what people think of me and how I look/what I do etc. However, one thing that seems to be important to me is having a decent car. I don't know why, it's not important on the grand scale of things but cars impress me. I can't help myself. I drive a pretty mediocre car at the moment that still as a dent in the side from where I bashed it 18 months ago so perhaps this particular foible of mine is fading. Nevertheless, one day I will own an Aston Martin DB9. That car is just sheer class on wheels.


5. Watch Wales play rugby at the Millenium stadium - It's hard to explain how it feels to be Welsh. There's a great deal of pride and something we call "hwyl"...which defies translation into English. It's about spirit and knowing your roots and where you belong. Many hundreds of years ago, the Welsh were subdued by sheer brute force by the English and brought under English rule rather than under their own rule. It still rankles. And when it comes to rugby, the English are still THE team we want to beat. It's as if the battle still rages but now it's moved to the rugby pitch. Welsh patriotism is at its highest when the Welsh rugby team takes to the pitch at their home stadium and I have yet to see them play there so that is a definite goal before I die.

Please visit Tiggerlane's blog to see the mammoth list of those participating this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.