Sunday 24 February 2008

Never judge a book......

...by it's cover. Or a person by his mannerisms.

A man came in the office today asking if he could help by doing some litter-picking around the Common as he had some free time. He was a pleasant enough chap and struck me as a typical middle-aged single billy no-mates sort of guy who got a kick out of litter-picking. Well, each to his own.

But what started to freak me out a bit was the fact that he kept staring at me, unblinking, as I spoke to him.

When he came back to the office with his second bag of rubbish, he started chatting away quite happily, introduced himself and asked me my name. I hesitated for a split second, and then told him.

"Ahjla?"

"No, Angela"

"Ahnla? Sorry, it's my hearing"

Then the rather large penny dropped. He wasn't staring at me, he was lip-reading. I stopped being freaked out then. Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.