Tuesday 23 December 2008

Ughh.....

The last of the work Christmas parties this afternoon. We have lunch, followed by a quiz. Which is fun. Except I am the Quiz Master. So it's not such fun for me.

I have nightmares over this damn quiz. Trying to be tactful here, we have quite a mix of intelligence amongst our staff so I have to try to balance the quiz so it's not too hard but also offers a bit of a challenge.

Then there are the teams to be organised. Bad enough when you have odd numbers but trying to get the intelligence mix right on each team also gives me nightmares.

Right now I am in a cold sweat just thinking about it all and the thought of eating lunch is making me quite nauseous.

Although that might be the bad back which is back with a vengeance this morning. But at least it's just my back and it's not spread to my shoulders and head yet. That I can live with.


5 comments:

  1. hope your back gets better and have a good Christmas. Not this lunch, the ohter one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll do a good job!
    Hugs & Snugs
    Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you a virtual back rub! I hope you feel better for xmas! Love and Hugs xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trying to put the smart with the not so smart to even things out is always fun. Especially when people in the groups are positive THEY are the smart ones and carrying everyone else. Meanwhile everyone wants to stab SmartyMcNoBrains with a pen because they suck so bad. Ok well you have fun trying to plan that :o)

    Hope the back gets better. And I'm here to wish you a very Merry Christmas so I'm going to do that too. Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't even have the patronising option of "Father and younger child only" (suggesting that Mother needs the help of the more-educated older child) as in Ask The Family.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.