Monday 1 December 2008

Fun Monday - Neighbours from Hell

Our hostess this week is Ari over at Beyond my Slab and this is our assignment

Tell us about your all-time worst Neighbors from Hell. You know, the family of Irish clog dancers who once lived in the flat/apartment above you? Mrs. Nextdoor and her banshee-like multiple orgasms? Mr. and Mrs. Hard-of-Hearing with their television on full blast? The guys across the street who set off 4th of July fireworks starting in March and didn't stop until the first real snowfall?

Ive been really lucky with neighbours pretty much all my life; from the lovely couple who used to look after me when I was a shrimp when Mum had to work, right up to the neighbours I have now. Despite my grumblings about Nosey Neighbour and Nosey Neighbour's Children, they could be a lot worse. Mrs Nosey Neighbour is lovely, and no nosey at all, and in some ways Mr Nosey Neighbour can't help but look over the fence, he is over 6'6" tall after all. I could do without the children screaming in the garden all summer, and the hammering on the walls at ungodly hours, and I could also do without what I suspect are the regular phone calls from Mr Neighbour to ex-Himself telling him every bloody move I make. But, on the whole, it could be a much much worse.

So, a very boring Fun Monday from me, but can you tell I am trying to not let myself get wound up by things these days!? I am trying to be calm, calm, calm, and not let anything get to me. I can rise above it.

Ahem.

15 comments:

  1. Oops - I tried to leave a comment but it disappeared into the ether. Sorry if this appears twice!

    Anyway, great post! I like the whole concept of being calm, rising above it etc. Ha. When you find out how to do that (esp. with Christmas right around the corner) do let me know, will you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You want to give your nosey neighbour something juicy to report back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the downsides to the intimate little English gardens/yard. Look at it this way AOJ, if nosy neighbor is carrying tales of what you're getting done to xHimself, I'll bet X is pretty hacked because from previous posts it seemed that you are sorting out a lot of the "manly" stuff quite well on your own! Heck, I'll bet you could teach me how to put string in my weed eater. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Calm is good :) Either that or using your new axe and things to build a 7' fence...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well have fun and let the ex stew with all the calls from the neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being calm is a good thing, sometimes its hard, but you just gotta say "live and let live"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would be giving Mr Nosey Neighbour a show for his money! LOL! Give him something interesting to report back! LOL! I thought only old lonely biddies did stuff like that! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coziness does have a price. I've lived in close quarters and in wide open spaces. Guess which I prefer? On the other hand, those wide open spaces required a lot of work... Perhaps putting up with the Noseys is a small price to pay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Personally, I want my own island.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A shame the lurchers don't at least LOOK mean!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great minds here... I was thinking you should have something extra special planned for the show.

    Like record a passionate sounding exchange -- and play it and then do some banging on the wall -- etc.

    heh heh. Oh I missed my calling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've had great neighbors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh hellfry! I'm sorry I missed this one - I've had some doosy neighbors in my time. It would have made a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I could have done this one. I'm not doing Fun Monday at the moment as I've not got time to do the rounds and I'd feel too guilty playing and not visiting.
    Your neighbours do sound ok, though the phone calls to ex-himself is very naughty. Tut.

    Now, I tagged you in a little coy and paste meme, but don't worry if you don't fancy it. I always worry about these things. :D

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.