Saturday 27 December 2008

That's all out of the way then

...sort of.

Now that Christmas is done and the shops, given that we are in the midst of a credit crunch, should be nice and quiet, I can go and finish my Christmas shopping.

Yes, I said I can go and finish my Christmas shopping. In plenty of time for Christmas on Thursday.

You will be forgiven for thinking that you have stumbled into a temporal paradox but there is a very simple explanation. As my family couldn't be with me on the first Christmas Day, nor I them, they are coming for New Year, so we are having our family Christmas Day on New Year's Day. And because I have been so completely disorganised this year, I get a little extra time to finish buying my family presents. Although I suspect that New Year's Eve will still find me running round like the proverbial blue fly trying to find a unique and witty, yet useful, gift for my impoverished step-brother and his girlfriend. If you have any ideas, throw them over this way please.

4 comments:

  1. Delayed pleasures can be the very best.
    The grandkids and their parents just left. The whippets and I are collapsed.
    Ahhhhhhh..... q.u.i.e.t.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats a good idea.
    maybe the weather will clear up enough to go spend that holiday with the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cash is always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to get an Easi-Yo yoghurt maker for my impecunious student daughter & SiL, but Yoghurt Direct had run out of their gift sets once the bank finally updated my debit card (only took 3 years & many 'phone calls, copies of utility bills, & passport to get my address changed & 4 months to get the indate card after the other expired)! I still owe them that present. I'm going to try to sort out the gift set plus (adding extras of my choice) for them as they love yoghurt & this one uses insulated heat & not electricity to make it. I ewant to get the drinking yoghurt set as well as their Asian housemates make gorgeous Lassi..

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.