Tuesday 16 December 2008

That'll be a FAIL then.

Plumbing has never been my strong point. Actually, being honest, and if I can't be honest with my blog buddies then what have we come to? Being honest, I have never actually plumbed before in my life. Therefore it wouldn't really be a strong point would it? No.

So quite why I thought I could take my first tentative steps into the world of plumbing by plumbing in my spanking new dishwasher is completely beyond me. But that is what I did.

You'd have thought, these being my first tentative steps, that I would have read the bloody instructions. Oh no. How difficult can it be? Screw a few pipes, turn on the water and off we jolly well go!

OK, first things first. Screw in the waste pipe. Except it isn't a screw in pipe. You put one pipe over the other and then fix it in place with a claspy thing (yes, "claspy thing" is a technical term). Except to fix the claspy thing in place you need a pair of pliers. Do I have pair of pliers? That'll be a NO. In equipping myself with all the spanners and screwdrivers that a girl might need, it seems I inadvertantly forgot about a pair of pliers. But, hey, this girl can improvise and the claspy thing was soon in place. With just a smidge of brute force and a minimal amount of swearing.

Then fix the inlet pipe to the water supply pipe. Ach...that was a piece of cake. At least, it was a piece of cake once I stopped the pipe disappearing down the back of the dishwasher.

Then plug it in. That I can manage.

Then open the dishwasher door. And find the instruction manual. Discover that I seem to have forgotten to attach the legs to the dishwasher. Dishwashers have legs? Who knew?

Not being able to face undoing everything I'd just done, I gave up, decided to call Mr Whizziness in the morning....and made some more mince pies instead.

10 comments:

  1. Dishwasher is a REALLY hard one. If you nstalled a dishwasher in less than a day and the only thing you got wrong was the legs, you might be able to put this in the win column.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I give you an E for effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! Don't feel bad, although blokes might like to take over and pretend that they know what they are doing, they never read the instructions either. And then if anything goes wrong, obviously there is something wrong with the machine - and they end up having to get someone in (to fix it) anyway.

    10 out of 10 for effort! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!! Don't feel bad, although blokes might like to take over and pretend that they know what they are doing, they never read the instructions either. And then if anything goes wrong, obviously there is something wrong with the machine - and they end up having to get someone in (to fix it) anyway.

    10 out of 10 for effort! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!!! Don't feel bad, although blokes might like to take over and pretend that they know what they are doing, they never read the instructions either. And then if anything goes wrong, obviously there is something wrong with the machine - and they end up having to get someone in (to fix it) anyway.

    10 out of 10 for effort! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crikey - I had a lot to say! Sorry about that - I blame the computer! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate to admit that I probably would not have attempted this with or without instructions! So I say hats off to you for getting that far!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would not have read the directions either. But hey you tried and gave your best effort- KUDOS for that!!!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Dad, the expert, says that most dishwashers don't have legs! So you can't fail on that one, cos its just oddness from your dishwasher!!

    Good go though hon!

    Niki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I wouldn't have even tried so you're braver than me. And why do they need legs?? They'll be needing shoes next. Tsk.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.