Gimcrack \JIM-krak\, noun:
1. A showy but useless or worthless object; a gewgaw
1. Tastelessly showy; cheap; gaudy
The origin of gimcrack is uncertain. It is perhaps an alteration of Middle English gibecrake, "a slight or flimsy ornament."
Hortatory \HOR-tuh-tor-ee\, adjective:
Marked by strong urging; serving to encourage or incite; as, "a hortatory speech".
Hortatory is from Latin hortatorius, from hortari, "to exhort, to incite, to encourage."
Imbroglio \im-BROHL-yoh\, noun:
1. A complicated and embarrassing state of things.
2. A confused or complicated disagreement or misunderstanding.
3. An intricate, complicated plot, as of a drama or work of fiction.
4. A confused mass; a tangle.
Oh yeah....welcome to my imbroglioed world.
Imbroglio derives from Italian, from Old Italian imbrogliare, "to tangle, to confuse," from in-, "in" + brogliare, "to mix, to stir." It is related to embroil, "to entangle in conflict or argument."
Pulchritude \PUL-kruh-tood; -tyood\, noun:
That quality of appearance which pleases the eye; beauty; comeliness; grace; loveliness.
Pulchritude comes from Latin pulchritudo, from pulcher, "beautiful." The adjective form is pulchritudinous.
What an ugly word for such a pulchritudinous meaning!
Health Care Center3 Things To Look Into Before Choosing The Healthcare Centre - The next time around, youre looking to pick a health care center for your healthcare needs, it is important to just follow these few tips and maybe take ...