Sunday 11 May 2008

Hot hot hot!

It has been absolutely baking here this weekend with temperatures reaching about 24C.

I've been at a major show called All About Dogs in Essex. I left The Lurchers and Brodie the Foster at home with himself as it was just too hot for them. But you know what was astounding us all? The number of calls that had to be made over the tannoy because people were leaving their dogs in their cars. Bloody unbelievable.

The RSPCA just about gave up in the end and they were smashing windows and getting the dogs out, and then putting out calls for the owners. Damn right too.

8 comments:

  1. Unfoofingbelievable. Good for the window smashing, but do you think they couls smash some sense in the stupid skulls???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless those dogs hearts! It just kills me when people leave an animal or child in a car and goes and does their business!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mentality of some people is beyond me. They should not be allowed to own a pet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel guilty when I leave the dogs in the car while I pump gas and I'm standing right there where I can see them. How in the world does anyone get to the point where they leave their dog in the car AND THEN LEAVE?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope those owners will be arrested, or cited at the very least. They would be here. They are very cruel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good on the window smashers indeed! I am amazed - these dog owners were at a dog show and were this ignorant?

    Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOT??? Thats not hot! 40C is hot my dear! 24 is a nice pleasant day!

    Im glad to here the RSPCA was on hand, It never ceases to amaze me how many people leave their dogs in cars, which heat up far more than outside! Sadly, down here, this week a mother left her baby in a car while she went into a school to collect her child! It died! Now that is, a very hard lesson to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm at a loss for words. How people can be so stupid is beyond me. And I'm a bit stunned by karisma's comment. How incredibly horrific. Awful.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.