Wednesday 17 November 2004

Politics, politics

I hate office politics. It's a game where each contestant has their own set of rules and anyone else playing the game rarely knows what they are. It's also a complete waste of everyone's time and energy. A game I have studiously avoided all of my working life. But it seems that a few people at work have decided that it's a game we should all be playing. One person seems to think it's amusing to try to drive wedges between the rest of us. Fortunately, we can see what's going on and we're not falling for it. But it's so damn unnecessary. We're all keeping our heads down, doing our jobs, and hoping that someone's petard is going to hoist them somewhere they can't get out of by blaming someone else.



OH is still away so I am having some much needed "me" time. I can eat what I like when I like, sit in front of the computer all night if I want, watch what I want on the TV and be a complete slob if I so choose. It's bliss!! *pauses* .......I do miss him though.



Good news though. My best friend who is in hospital has come through her op successfully and they found a vein pressing on the Trigeminal Nerve, which they have dealt with. So we're all keeping fingers crossed that once she's over the op, the pain will go away and she can get back to a normal life. That's the best news!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.