Sunday 28 November 2004

Home again, home again

I do like going away to stay with friends, but it's always nice to come home again.



This weekend's visit was cut a little short and we came home at lunctime today instead of getting home at about 9pm as usual. The reason for this is that OH isn't very well. I know he's not well because he keeps telling me, several times an hour. He has a cold, not a nice cold, but a cold all the same. Not flu, darling. Nor pneumonia. It's just a cold.



Of course, the reason he feels so lousy today has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that 10 pints of reasonably strong ale was drunk and countless cigarettes were smoked during the course of yesterday afternoon. No, he tells me, it's the cold.



Do I sound a little unsympathetic? I don't mean to, I am terribly sympathetic and am ensuring he's dosed up and having all his whims pandered to whilst he snuggles under the duvet. It's just that OH does not "do" colds very well and is a total nightmare of a patient, with a stream of groans and moans and "I'm not well" issuing from the bedroom. He'd better hope I don't get it....way to much to do for me to be ill this week!



Otherwise we had a splendid weekend. I won at crib on Friday night and then managed to get bankrupted at Mah Jong and Starwars Episode 1 Monopoly. Wonderful company, delicious food and some lovely walks in the Sussex countryside.



What more could one ask for? OH without a cold would have been good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.