Tuesday 30 November 2004

It's just all too much!

Today has been a day of much excitement!



First of all, my shiny silver flippy new phone has been in operation and very smart it is too. It also has Bluetooth so a happy few hours was spent this afternoon trying to get my phone and my earpiece to "bond" (Motorola's words, not mine!). Having successfully achieved "bonding" it was time to record the voice activation whatsits....which I got the hang of in the end, with much prompting from my phone telling me to "speak faster". I'm terribly impressed with the ear piece though, it makes me look like I should be on the Starship Enterprise. Uhura move over!



I'm a little baffled by all this "hands free" stuff though. I thought the idea was that you don't need to use your hands to operate the gadgetry whilst driving. That's all well and good but the earpiece requires you to press the button for 2 seconds in order for it to twig you want to make a call. So that's one hand off the steering wheel then. Plus the button isn't the easiest thing in the world to press and so far, I've had to keep looking at it to make sure it's on....which you know by the flashing blue light......how prohetic might that be!? "I'm so sorry Officer, didn't see your flashing blue light because I was too busy looking for the flashing blue light on my earpiece". Still, I'm sure all will become apparent the more I use it.



Further excitement was caused by a trip to Tesco, when I finally bought myself a Flash Power Mop! How fab is that! You may mock, but when you have two hairy Lurchers (particularly those that have raw bones for breakfast), wooden floors in one part of the flat and quarry tiles in the other, cleaning takes on a whole new dimension and has to be done on a far more frequent basis than I would like. My Power Mop shall revolutionise my life! Today's cleaning of the floors took all of 10 minutes easy work instead of the usual 30 minutes hard labour and fights with the vacuum cleaner. I rest my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.