Thursday 4 November 2004

I'm going back!!??

I have finally regained enough equilibrium to talk about my night in a haunted house - last Saturday. Yes, well. There were a few experiences not to be forgotten.



It all started well enough. In daylight. A most beautiful house, slightly the wrong side of genteel shabbiness, but that can be forgiven, it was the most welcoming and happy house. The first tour revealed that the atmosphere of one wing of the house was slightly more opressive than the other, but there was nothing to suggest that there would be too much out of the ordinary before dawn. And so we got down to business.



A little vigil in one room apparently haunted by a not so nice character. A few people saw orbs in the room and the photographs taken with digital cameras certainly showed they were there. However, when I started talking in a voice which, I was later told, was not my own, things started to heat up a little.



Unnerved somewhat, we removed to the dining room to eat delicious food supplied by our very genial hosts. Dinner seemed to be a perfectly normal affair. As we sat down I tied my camera with a normal reef knot to the arm of the chair so that it wasn't in the way. When I went to untie my camera from the arm of the chair that I realised the spirits in the room had been rather busy whilst we had been stuffing our faces. The cord of my camera was no longer tied in a reef knot but was a complete mangled mess of knots and in one photograph taken of us dining, you can actually see the cord of the camera sticking about 2" up in the air....it's a very soft cord and no way could it do that on its own. The other slightly spooky thing was that there is one chair around the dining table where, if people sit in it, they are liable to get prodded and poked. Our hosts refused to tell us which chair it was. 24 of us walked into that room to eat and there are 25 chairs. Guess which chair everyone seemed to instinctively know to avoid!



The paranormal crew decided to hold a seance in the same room we had been in earlier and I, albeit somewhat reluctantly, joined them. Don't ask me why but I just felt drawn to do so. The first seance was very quiet and nothing untoward happened. Then, one friend, sitting in exactly the same place as I had been earlier, started coming out with almost exactly the same stuff I had earlier....albeit in her own voice! The upshot was that we had another seance of 6 women. No talking in a strange voice for me this time, no, I just got more and more agitated and started rocking back and forth. I was aware I was doing it but I couldn't have stopped if I'd tried. Whatever was in that room was trying to channel through me but I was so frightened by this point and my protection so strong that it wasn't happening. We had to close the seance down because I just could not carry on. It took me quite a while to recover from that and I could not go near that room again.



If I've learnt anythng from the weekend is that you really shouldn't mess with stuff you don't really know about. If we hadn't of had the experienced paranormal crew with us, I wouldn't have even attempted to do what we were doing.



Other slightly spooky things that have come to light are voices reacting to our voices, not heard by us but most definitely heard by the video cameras.



And yes, a couple of us are going back at some point! We both feel that there is some business there that we to put to rest. Mad. Completely mad!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.