Monday 29 November 2004

Ghost of Christmas presents

Today I attempted to go Christmas shopping. I headed into Kingston-upon-Thames, saw the queue for the carparks, turned around and came straight back out again. So I headed instead into Wimbledon. I managed to get a couple of things but on others I reached a complete blank. My mum wants a jewellery roll specifically to hold necklaces so that they don't get all tangled up. Relatively easy you would think. I was met with so many blank stares today that I might have been asking for a piece of the moon. My search continues.



Every year when I go Christmas shopping, I always seem to spend lots of money on things for me. This is probably due to the fact that I don't go shopping at any other time of year so never get to see what is in the shops. So when I do venture in, I see lots of things I like. This year was no exception and today I came home with a new mobile phone! I'm beginning to be a bit like a Carphone Warehouse ad with my embarrassingly old mobile phone that I don't like to bring out in public. But this new one is lovely! It's all shiny and silver and flippy and has a camera on it and other complicated things that I shall probably never figure out how to use, given that I am somewhat technically challenged. It's currently charging and I'm getting terribly excited about being able to use it tomorrow. My Christmas is coming early! Actually, that's quite sad isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.