Tuesday 20 November 2007

Here I am....MeMe....and then I'm going again!

Having had a break for a week, I'm ready with charged batteries to start blogging again, when my computer blows up and I'm left both internet and PeeCee-less (am at work now in case you were wondering!).

I'm not sure how widespread all this rain and storms have been in the UK but last night we had three incredible thunderbolts come out of absolutely bloody nowhere!! A split second before the first two, blue sparks shot across my desk from my homehub and I lost my internet connection again. I suspect it's also blown the ethernet port and I'm getting a strong feeling of deja vu! Exactly the same thing happened back in July, although if sparks flew then, I wasn't there to see them. It took three weeks to sort it out then and I really hope BT don't mess me about like they did then - or they really will see sparks fly this time.

I managed to connect the USB and get internet connection and then we had the second thunderbolt and blue sparks - at which point I just turned everything off and ran!

I've booted up the PC this morning and it seemed to be loading OK so I left it to it and took the dogs out. When I got back it had turned off and I have lost power - I just can't switch it on.

I haven't had time this morning to see what the problem might be - it could just be a blown fuse but I suspect it's not going to be that simple.

But in the meantime, I've been tagged by Laurie

8 things I'm passionate about

My dogs
Greyhound Gap
Wimbledon Common (I live there, I work there, I care for it)
Books
Photography
I suppose I should say Himself but passion seems to have been replaced with companionship. But I’m happy about that.

It’s difficult to find any more things I’m “passionate” about. Passionate means intense and strong feeling and, at the moment, I don’t have huge amounts of room for intense feeling.

8 things I want to do before I die

Watch Wales play rugby at the Millenium stadium
Own an Aston Martin DB9
Buy a house
Have lots more dogs, particularly a whippet
Travel in space
Is it too sad that I don’t have that many goals? I'd rather just wait and see what comes along.

8 things I say often

“Bugger!”
“Wha you wan for 50p?” (don’t ask – silly story!)
Tyler! No!!”
“It’s too early for dinner” (to Ruby, who always wants food)
“It’s a hard life being a puppy in this house” (every time Lurcher No.1 huffs and puffs)
“I’m going down to the garden to eat worms!”
“Feed me
Seymour. Feed me!”
“Have you seen my keys/sunglasses/gloves/etc, etc….”

8 Books I’ve read recently (or am still reading):

Currently reading: Terry Pratchett – Making Money
Terry Brooks – Jarka Ruus
Terry Brooks – Tanequil
Terry Brooks – Straken
Robin Hobb – Shaman’s Crossing
Robin Hobb –
Forest Mage
Robin Hobb – Renegade’s Magic
Megan Lindholm – The Windsingers

8 Songs I Could Listen to Over and Over (And do!):

Steeler’s Wheel – Stuck in the Middle with You
Lennyrd Skinnyrd -
Sweet Home Alabama
Eva Cassidy - People Get Ready
And all that Jazz (from
Chicago)
Elvis – hard to choose one but possibly In The Ghetto

The Killers – All These Things That I’ve Done
Rolling Stones – Angie (My song!)
Donna Summer - State of Independence

8 Things that Attract Me to My Best Friends:

They tell it as it is
They love me – warts an’ all
They make me laugh
They make me cry
They have conviction in what they do
They’re prepared to listen to all sides of a story
Their quirks and foibles
They’re always there when I need them

8 People I Think Should Do Crazy Eights

Anyone who feels the urge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.