Tuesday 19 October 2004

Shouldn't bigger be smaller??

Well, a hugely exciting start to the week when my new printer arrived at work this morning, Ooooeeee!! It's only black and white but it prints at 28ppm....that got your attention didn't it! There is a downside to this of course: if I start printing something and realise I didn't actually want to print 10 copies of a 10 page document but only 10 copies of just one page, as happened to me this afternoon, by the time I got up the printer box and cancelled the print, it had already printed 64 pages! My reflexes are going to have to speed up a bit!



But what I want to know is this.....why is it that when technology seems to be making everything so much smaller, my new printer is absolutely enormous!! It's twice the size of my previous, and now defunct, printer. OK, it's a laser printer so I know it's going to be bigger than your average home inkjet but all the same, I remember having a laser printer 6 years ago that was half the size of this one. That's something to ponder on isn't it!? I shall leave you with that one...mainly because there is nothing more interesting for me to write today!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.