Monday 18 October 2004

Oh my....

...it's been a while hasn't it!? Two months since my last blog and still nothing terribly exciting to write about *sigh*. I think I should get a life.



Today has mostly been spent pondering. Pondering how to spend my 40th birthday in January. We've been pondering this for some time and several ideas have been decided upon and then discarded when we've thought about it a bit more sensibly. For instance, my first thought was to go as far north as we could go, without leaving the UK, to see the Northern Lights. That idea hung around for a while, until one day I considered that the Shetland Isles in January might not be entirely feasible, what with snow and all that. Then we thought about a lovely, and expensive, hotel in North Wales that allows dogs. But what can you do in a hotel with The Lurchers? Daren't leave them in the room alone whilst we go for dinner for fear of them trashing it, so we'd have to stay in the room with them, eating room service in bed. Heck, we can do that at home without having to spend £150 a night!



Next plan was a cottage in the country, large enough so that the close band of friends I want to spend such a momentous occassion with could join us. That would be 12 people in total. Have you any idea of the price of a cottage with 6 bedrooms!? At least £1,000! Bang! There goes another plan then!



So current thinking is a few fun hours in a Pottery Cafe, followed by dinner in a local restaurant. Wild huh!? I may be starting to get a life after all!



Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.