Tuesday 26 October 2004

Ooops!

OH doesn't believe in hairdressers so some years ago he invested in a Wahl hairtrimmer so he can do his own hair. Now, he doesn't go mad and only cuts it on a 4, which is really no shorter than any decent hair dresser can cut hair with a scissors.



He does have a problem doing the back though and occasionally ends up leaving a little mohican - fetching, if you like that sort of thing but not perhaps to his taste. At this point I usually get summoned to the bathroom to do that bit. I also tidy up the ends a bit which means being very careful with the Wahl set on 0...the skinhead setting.



The summons came this evening and in I trotted to to do the honours. Picked up the Wahl and proceeded to zip up the side of his head, behind the ear to get rid of the mohican. Within 1 second OH screamed and ducked away from me. What?? There's no blood? What's the matter?



The matter, dear readers, is that the Wahl was on skinhead setting. He only meant for me to tidy up the edges. Oh. Dear. I did do my best to tidy it up but it is looking just a tad lob-sided. Just as well he has a sense of humour....and can't really see the damage! I can, and cringe every time I see it! Ooops!



The sun shined this morning. A lovely Autumn day. I searched through my bag, affectionally known as The Pit, to find my sunglasses. No sign of them. What I did find however, was 1/2lb of melting butter. That, of course, gave me a very big clue as to where my sunglasses were. Where the butter was supposed to be. In the fridge. Put a whole new meaning on the word "cool".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.