Saturday 23 October 2004

Jammy dodgers

I have spent most of today in a traffic jam. Or as it's more commonly known, the M25.



I do some voluntary work with a Greyhound and Lurcher rescue, Greyhound Gap, and today I was asked by them to help out another rescue, delivering a puppy to her new forever home. Having set out at 11.15am this morning, I finally arrived at the meeting place, South Mimms services, to meet with the fosterer, having spent half the journey in solid traffic between the A3 and the M4.



I very nearly came straight home again with the puppy, a beautiful little 12 week old Collie cross. I adore puppies and would have my home full of them if I could!



So onto the next stage of the journey round to Southend of Sea. Out of the services onto the M25 and straight into another traffic jam. This one 8 miles long according to the traffic reports. *sigh*.



Puppy safely delivered 2 hours later and start out on the journey home. Why is it, when there are two possible routes you can take, you always pick the wrong one? One seemed longer and more out of the way and the other a much more direct route. So I took the direct route. What the map didn't tell me that this was through 4 consecutive high streets and a set of roadworks. On a wet Saturday afternoon, it was no fun. The indirect route would have been so much quicker.



Back to the M25 again and surprisingly no traffic jams, not even at the QE2 Bridge. But lots of heavy rain making visibility absolutely minimal.



So 6 hours, 200 miles and an almost complete circuit of the M25 ( I got on at J10 and got off again at J9), I'm home and ready to curl up in a ball under the duvet.



Still, a beautiful puppy delivered safely to her new forever home. Somehow it does all seem worth it.



Mouse update. 3 traps set last night, baited with Maryland Chocolate cookies. This evening, 3 traps still set with Maryland Chocolate cookies missing. Yay!! Go meeces!! One apparently quite calmly sauntered out of my clothes cupboard in front of OH this afternoon....more biscuits please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.