Monday 6 October 2008

No Fun Monday today

Mommy Wizdom is the hostess for this week if you want to join in!

Unfortunately, this week's assignment calls for creativity and the writing of a short story. Not something I have ever been good at, hence the no-show from me this week.

I love Fun Monday and it's great that it is spreading around the Blogosphere. So many people participate from all around the globe and from all walks of life. Which is why I yearn for the return of the meme/show and tell type of Fun Monday assignment, which is what it started out as of course. It gives us all such a window into the lives of so many different people.

But I guess there are only so many things we can meme/show and tell and so many have already been done. But there must be some more ideas out there!

**Having just re-read this post, I want to make clear that this is not a dig or a criticism at anyone. The diversity of Fun Monday is what keeps it going and I know a lot of people in my Blog circle are extremely creative and talented and just love things like this. I'm just saying.....

6 comments:

  1. I have to admit I was a little disappointed too, because I like to read about real life and not about fiction Teenagers or mother in laws who have to drink Tequila, lol ! but still I enjoyed my participation and had fun to make a story up. My poor mother in law she would turn around in her grave if she could read this !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Fun Monday too but have missed a couple as I know I've not got time to visit everyone and I feel so bad if I play but don't get round to everybody. I do like the creative stuff, but the windows into lives is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your comments re Mollie's itching, A. Her anal glands have been a problem but this last time they were OK so we have no idea what is causing the itching. Poor girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I concur, but just because this one wasn't my cup to tea, I know the next one probably will be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, the beauty of Fun Monday is that you don't HAVE to play every week to be a part of the gang. SOme people have strengths that others don't. I love writing fiction (actually, almost anything but poetry) and true-life stuff, so this one was kind of fun for me - a warm up to novel-writing. But some people take amazing photographs, or have wonderful stories to tell. Fun Monday lets us do ALL of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm … I missed the last couple of Fun Mondays, but plan to participate in the future. Like Sayre … participating when it ‘works’ (and letting it go when it doesn’t) makes sense to me. I tend to visit as much at time permits whether or not I play. ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.