Saturday 4 February 2006

Widowhood

Today I became a rugby widow again, and so it shall be for the next 6 weeks or however long the Six Nations is on for. Don't get me wrong, I always watch all the games along with OH but the difference is that he, being a man, has to have several beers whilst watching. At the end of an afternoon of matches he's three sheets to the wind and snoring by 7pm. Still, gives me a peaceful saturday evening!

And talking of which, I was absolutely appalled that when the band played the national anthems at Twickenham this afternoon, they didn't have the decency to play them properly. They play them way to fast and the crowd can't keep up. If they can't play them properly, don't play them at all and just let the crowd sing them unaccompanied. They'd do a far better job. And yes we lost and yes I've taken a lot of ribbing! Mind you, with a ref who might as well have been wearing an Engand jersey what do you expect?

In Lurcher news, Lurcher No.2 seems to be well on the mend. He's keeping his food down and enjoyed a short walk this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.