Monday 13 February 2006

Another weekend goes by

...with not very much happening.

Saturday morning I rushed about, whilst OH walked the Lurchers, getting my glasses adjusted, again, and picking up a few bit of shopping. Went off to do a homevisit for potential adopters and came home to crash in front of the rugby. Except I seemed to end up crashing in front of the computer instead whilst listening to the TV which was in the next room.

Meanwhile we're all shivering because the heating has packed up. Again. And then, on Saturday night, disaster struck. Tucked up in bed with my hot water bottle behind my back, it all suddenly felt a lot hotter that it should have done. That was probably something to do with the fact that it had sprung a leak. My nightshirt and pillows were sodden and I narrowly missed a nasty scalding. No heating, no hot water bottle, I had no option but to call in the reserves and have The Lurchers snuggle up on either side of me. Warm as toast we all were then!

Sunday I ended up back in bed with the onset of a migraine caused, I have no doubt, by the glasses which were giving me some nasty eyestrain despite only being adjusted the day before. These glasses cost me over £300 squids so I'm not giving up on them yet...but their time is running out fast.

Oh and glory be, the Welsh rugby team pulled out all the stops and bashed the Scottish into the ground. Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.