Thursday 2 February 2006

Arrggghhh!

These Lurchers, or Lurcher No.2 at least, is going to turn my hair grey before very long. Having only just recovered from a fractured and dislocated toe and numerous vet visits, I had to rush him in again this morning.

My poor boy has spent the night throwing up nasty mucusy bile and was obviously still not feeling very well this morning - standing rigid, shaking and panting. Took him straight to the vet and they've kept him in to give him fluids and treat him for gastroenteritis. They've had a few similar cases this week and the dogs they've had in have responded best to being treated in this way. Vet has assured me it's not serious and I'm not to worry (yeah right) and he should be right as rain with some fluids, electrolytes and potassium in him.

I need to phone at lunchtime and lunchtime is not coming quick enough.

In other news, Lurcher No.1 had a birthday yesterday. I can hardly believe she's 6!

Happy Birthday PG!

Image hosting by Photobucket

We were woefully remiss in celebrating so shall make up for it on Saturday (it's what you do for your dogs when you don't have kids!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.