Saturday 18 April 2009

The Twilight Zone

OK, that was a bit of a corny title, but Twilight has finally caught up with me. Or, rather, I have finally caught up with Twilight. The first three books have been sitting on my shelf for some months now but I've kept putting off starting Twilight for some reason. I'm not sure if it was because I thought they wouldn't live up to the hype or because I have been in full-on sci-fantasy reading mode for the last few months.

But I finally picked it up on Tuesday night and read a couple of chapters. It pulled me along quite nicely so Wednesday night I picked it up again.......and I didn't put it down until I reached the last page. I don't remember the exact time but I know it was in the very early hours of Thursday morning. Then I dived into New Moon. I'm half way through but the only reason I haven't finished it is because I'm working this weekend. I normally sit in bed reading before I go to sleep but I am having to make myself stay in the lounge to read and leave the damn book there when I go to bed otherwise I know I won't put it down until I've finished it. It's even kept me from my favourite tv programmes.

I've read a review that says this is mindless mush. Maybe. But it's been a very long time since a book kept me reading until the wee hours, so it must have something. I like the way Stephanie Meyer writes. And although the books are aimed at teenage girls, I suspect any female with even the minutest smidge of hormone in her will be able to relate in some way to Bella.

But damn, why did it take her so long to twig about Jacob? I got that when she saw the wolves in the meadow and it was very frustrating waiting for her to catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.