Friday 17 April 2009

Back to life. Back to reality.

I've had a week off work this week. And it's been great. If I look around I don't appear to have achieved much but I have been quietly getting on with a few things and moved them all forward a bit. Oh, and I have slept a lot.

The problem is that, apart from a visit from a friend and one or two phone calls, I have completely isolated myself away from people this week. Just me and my dogs spending some quality time. But I have to go back to work tomorrow. Back to reality.

I've realised how easy it is to be alone when you are on your own. It's easy and I enjoy it. Perhaps a bit too much. Yes you can be alone in a crowd, but with people around you do have to interact with them in some way. It's quite amazing how quickly you can adjust to living without that interaction, and how quickly you realise how peaceful it is. It would be nice to live like this forever and I've often thought that a remote cottage somewhere would be how I would like to spend the rest of my life.

But that's not possible so I have to gird my loins and get ready to face the public tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to it.

3 comments:

  1. One thing I envy about you - you can sleep a lot! I suffer from insomnia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is so much difference in the two words "alone" and "lonely"

    One doesn't necessarily beget the other

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope returning to 'normality' wasn't too awful.

    I could happily live a very secluded, isolated, remote life far from everyone so I can relate to how much you enjoy being on your own.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.