Thursday 30 March 2006

Bang!

Two incidents involving The Lurchers.

Incident 1
Last night I clipped The Lurchers' nails. Something I do every few weeks without incident. Except last night I clipped one of Lurcher No.1's nails an incy bit too short. Damn but overclipped nails can spew blood like the best of cut arteries! Lots of blood everywhere. Fortunately we managed to stop it bleeding fairly quickly and she seems to be fine this morning.

Incident 2
Because of incident 1, after being out on the walk for 10 minutes this morning I stopped to check Lurcher No.1's nail to make sure the exercise hadn't set the bleeding off again (it hadn't). As I was bending down, Lurcher No.2 came bounding up to us and brought himself to a stop by crashing into my nose. Damn but can a nose spew blood like the best of cut arteries! Lots of blood everywhere! I saw stars, birds tweeting around my head and very nearly saw the ground a lot quicker than I would have liked. The shock and immediate pain reduced me to tears and poor Lurcher No.2 was distraught because he knew something had happened and wasn't sure if it was his fault or not ('cos he's like that).

A few hours later and my fear that my nose was broken seem to be unfounded and the swelling has gone down although it still feels a bit battered and sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.