Sunday 26 March 2006

Happy Mother's Day and other stuff

Hope all you Mum's out there have a fantastic Mother's Day! My Mum is currently somewhere of the coast of North Africa (hopefully) enjoying her first ever cruise with my step-father. I can't speak to her today but I hope she knows I'm thinking of her and how much I love her. We tend not to express emotions in our family very much so saying "I do love you, Mum" is not something that happens very often. I do try to show it in other ways though.

I did something incredibly stupid this morning. I've started shopping at our local Sunday market for meat and vegetables because it is so much cheaper than the supermarket and we're on a bit of an economy drive at the moment. I asked the butcher if he had anything on the bone that I could give to The Lurchers. "here you are, love" he said, "you can have this box of chicken legs for £6". 20 of them! Deal! These aren't just chicken legs, their quarter of a flippin' chicken! And that was the silly thing....I had a dog food delivery last week and there's no room in the freezer. I put it down to the fact that we had a late night last night and I was still asleep. Fortunately I have a friend down the road that also feeds raw food to her Lurchers and a quick phone call found a new home for most of the chicken legs!

Now I'm off to make soup out of all the vegetables I bought last week and haven't used yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.