Monday 9 February 2009

Pamela at The Dust Will Wait is our hostess for this week, and this is our assignment

The subject: Show me in pictures or tell me in words what defines the place where you live.


OK, there are two things that define the place I live.

The first is this:




The Windmill on Wimbledon Common. It's historically important to the area and also a major feature and it's part of my job to help look after it, although I only play a minor role.

Secondly, and probably the thing that will be instantaneaously recognisable to you all, is of course the All England Lawn Tennis Club

and it's famous courts


The tennis courts are literally a mile or so away as the crow flies and, if the wind is blowing in the right direction, I can hear the cheering crowds from my garden.

So head on over to Pamela's and see who else is participating.

14 comments:

  1. Windmill and tennis, what a life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah.. you had it easy with the living in a famous place!!! I'd love to see a picture of your cottage and garden though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't figured out exactly what your job is Angela but it must be quite interesting to have such a beautiful landmark as the windmill in your care. The only downside to your closeness to Wimbedon would be all those people wanting to be invited for weekends during the season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is quite amazing for me to think about living that close to Wimbledon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I come and stay with you for a fortnight next June?

    I promise I'll behave.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bout time! Now seriously how is the dog?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never been inside, but have seen Wimbledon from outside it's so big !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The windmill is incredibly picturesque!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That photo of the mill in the snow is great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Wimbleton. Do you ever see any celebrities when you are out driving.

    The windmill would be a "must see" should I come to visit. Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! thats quite the site!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I WANT a windmill!!!

    Just caught up with this ~ too late to join in, but there are lots of pictures from around me n my WP blog :)

    Your pictures are as wonderful as ever

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Windmill and of course with my love of tennis I would like to live where you do- for 2 weeks of the year anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't picture the tennis buildings so near to you. It just doesn't go with the hen coop.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.