Wednesday 18 July 2007

Just like buses.....

....nothing to blog about for ages and then two come along at once. So here they are:

  1. Hornets - nasty things. One flew in the kitchen the other night and it was like a scene from a scary movie. I was loading the dishwasher and heard this noise, something between a growl and a buzz, behind me. Looked round, nothing. Turned back to the dishwasher, the noise came again. Looked around, nothing. And on it went until this bloody great big one flew into view. OH was sitting outside last night and realised there were a lot more of the buggers flying in and out of the chimney. Pest control called and they should be out tomorrow.

  2. I almost dare not tell you this in case it goes pear-shaped again but my next foster is arriving on Sunday. Another entire Whippet boy, 9 years old, whose owner has had to move from the country to the town. The dog is finding it difficult to adjust to town life and is starting to get depressed and snappy. I can understand that. He's used to running around on a Common - hence why he's coming to me seeing as how I live in the middle of one. We might have a problem with his name though. I can imagine I will become the butt of many jokes by the regular dog-walkers when I start shouting for "Presley".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.