Monday 29 January 2007

She's home!

OH popped back to the flat last night for some bits and pieces reported Lola's return to her nest! Huzzah!

I've been working this weekend which meant I WAS IN CHARGE! The days were fairly quiet but it was once home and ensconced in the cottage that the weight of responsibility started to, well, weigh heavy. I have no idea why but suddenly realising that you are responsible for the whole of the Common and for dealing with anything that may happen was quite daunting. Fortunately there were no incidents apart from a wrong number at midnight. I suspect the summer months will prove to be busier but at least I will have got the hang of it by then.

OH took himself off to a 50th birthday gathering on Saturday night and got very, very drunk. As I discovered at 2.30am when he decided to ring me to tell me there was a "drunk incoming". Because the cottage is so remote, getting taxis to go there is nigh on impossible so he had the taxi drop him at the nearest road and walked through the Common to get home. Judging by the state of his DJ the next morning, he crawled most of the way rather than walked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.