Monday 7 August 2006

A guest

We've had Millie, a young Whippet staying with us for the last few days. She has come in to Greyhound Gap's care and as she was fairly close to me, I have arranged for her to be spayed and chipped and all that stuff. She was going to be going back to her owner on Sunday night and she would continue to look after Millie until a suitable home was found. Unfortunately, her owner has a lot on her plate at the moment is feeling very emotionally fragile so it was agreed that it would be better all round if Millie stayed with me for the time-being.

It's made things a little awkward because Lurcher No.1 usually goes to work with OH and Lurcher No.2 comes with me. I can't take two dogs to work and leaving them all at home could be a bit fraught - being a young dog, Millie hasn't yet learned when to leave alone and the Lurchers have both told her off several times this weekend. Whilst that is how Millie will learn the boundaries, I don't want it getting out of hand with me not there to keep thingsunder control. Fortunately, OH is working for one of his old clients this week and he can take both lurchers with him, which solves the immediate problem.

My parents also came to stay this weekend and the good news is that they have fallen for Millie hook, line and sinker. They weren't planning to have a dog just yet and wanted to continue to enjoy the opportunity to holiday abroad since losing their last dog four years ago. But Millie has wormed her way into their hearts and they have gone home to give some serious thought to whether or not to offer her a home. I hope they do, she is just so perfect for them and I think she'd thrive there. So keeping everything crossed at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.