Tuesday 11 April 2006

Well that was a jolly weekend

I'm a bit late blogging about it as I was too pooped on Sunday evening when we got back and I had a Board meeting yesterday evening.

We departed for Dorset on Saturday lunchtime and arrived there about 3pm. Stopped off at the B&B we were staying at and then headed off to Swanage to give The Lurchers a run on the beach. Got back to the B&B, got changed and headed for the pub for 6pm to join in the celebrations for OH's younger sister's 40th birthday at this very fine establishment (very fine because they didn't utter a word at The Lurchers who were spreading themselves across the floor for a kip!).

On Sunday morning we all met up for a walk round Houns Tout and then down to Chapman's Pool. It's a bit of steep descent and my legs knew about it once we got to the bottom. Once on the beach we all dearched for fossils, drank mulled wine warmed on a campus stove and ate mini creme eggs. Just the fortification we needed to for the trek (albeit more gentle than the descent) back to Kingston.

I could have stayed longer, I love Dorset.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.