Monday 24 April 2006

Doesn't time fly....

I've been meaning to blog for days but what with one thing and another I don't seem to have got round to it. Soe here's a synopsis of the last 10 days:

Good Friday - Persisted down all day with that drizzly but very wet rain. Yes, I know most rain is wet but drizzle normally sits on the surface rather than soaks you but this drizzle was ermmmm wet. Moving swiftly on. Anyway, I had managed, for the first time in about 8 months to grab one of the horses from work so I could take myself off for a ride. Got soaked just getting tacked up but one of the Keepers lent me his proper big army riding coat which sits across the back of the horse as well so we were all snug as a bug. Been out for about 10 minutes when across my walkie talkie radio came the call that the farrier had arrived and all horses were to return to the yard. Bugger! Still, better than nothing. Pootled for the rest of the afternoon and then headed on down to Sussex to stay with friends for the weekend.

Saturday in Sussex - walked the Lurchers and their friend Ms Teyha. Eat breakfast then spent the rest of the day playing Mah Jong and poker.

Sunday in Sussex - ditto the walking then card games - crib and Nom - lovely roast Sunday dinner and then drive home.

Monday to Wednesday - I'm on holiday for a few days with the intention of letting my brain and body catch up with each other. Mission almost accomplished.

And that's about it really, this weekend was pretty quiet although we trying to get everything organised for the Greyhound Gap Annual Dun Dog Show on 30th April. One of my tasks was to make up some ribbons to sell for the Justice for Rusty campaign, something we always mark at the show. I never thought getting a bit of ribbon to fold over and stick to itself would cause so much grief, although given I am not really an arty type, I shouldn't have been surprised. Now got to go and sort out some alternative rosettes as the silly company we've been dealing with didn't complete the order and have been so tardy in sending out the replacements that they haven't allowed enough time to deal with the inevitable "lost in the post" somewhere scenario, which of course is exactly what has happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.