Friday 4 March 2005

Silly People

We had a blizzard this morning and everywhere on the Common was white. Not surprisingly I didn't see many people, only a few other hardy dog walkers like myself. Part of the Common is a golf course and I was gobsmacked to see a couple of golfers out playing. They were wandering about aimlessely looking for something. Funnily enough, it was their golf balls. You'd think they might have twigged at the start that playing golf in the snow might be a tad on the difficult side. Still, brought a smile to my face!

Talking of the weather, I think that whoever up there is in charge is having a laugh! Judging by the severity of the blizzards this morning, I really thought the snow was in for the day and we'd have at least 3ft drifts by the time this evening came. But it stopped and it all started to melt. Then at lunch time, I nearly fell out of my chair in shock when, right overhead, was the loudest thunderclap I have ever heard, followed by torrential rain and hailstones. We now have brilliant blue sky and sunshine. I wonder what's coming later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.