Sunday 25 February 2007

I HATE SHOPPING!!

I particularly hate shopping for clothes. I find it the singularly most horrendous thing to do. Yet, for all the hype that that there is about women and shopping, I know I'm not alone because many of my female friends hate it too.

High-street clothes just don't sit right on me: I'm too long in the body and too short of the leg; I have no idea what suits me; and I go for comfort over fashion every single time. The shops are too hot; there's too many people and don't get me started on dressing-room mirrors. So when I am out and about doing other equally hated but essential shopping, and where there also happens to be clothes, and I see something I like, I buy it.

Take yesterday as a case in point. Wandered into Asda for some essentials and immediately spotted a lovely soft, knitted roll-neck jumper. Except they only had them in size 22. Now I like my jumpers baggy but not six sizes too big baggy. Yet when I held it up, it looked like it would fit me just on the right side of baggy. And it does. Which leads me to yet another moan about the clothes industry...why can they not have standard sizing? How difficult would it be to have one size 12 or 14, or whichever, right across the industry. If a person who normally wore a size 22 had bought that jumper, it would have looked ridiculous.

But at least I have a nice comfy jumper.

Then on my way to the fruit and veg I wandered down the jeans aisle. Now I normally avoid this aisle because ASDA jeans are usually paper thin. But they had some bog standard boot cut jeans for £3. £3!! Bargain I thought, even if they're just fit for walking the dogs in. But, you know what, they fit like a dream! Every woman will tell you that finding the perfect-fitting jeans is a nightmare and many pay hundreds of pounds to get the right pair...and I just found my right pair for 3 quid in Asda.

Did I mention I hate paying good money for clothes too!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.