Friday 9 February 2007

Bloggedness

I have quite a number of Blogs bookmarked. All of them are by people whom I have never met and, although I don't read them all everyday, I try to catch up a few times a week. Some Blogs I do try to read every day and comment if my addled brain can think of a suitable response. But most of these Blogs, like mine, receive perhaps a handful of comments, sometimes none at all.

Some of the Blogs I read are hugely popular and seem to receive anywhere between 50 and 100 comments to every entry. They are written by people who, by virtue of their Blog, are offered book deals and can give up their 9 to 5 (or in some cases be pushed from their job) to concentrate on writing the book of their Blog. One or two are quite notorious and I imagine the subsequent books make for some good reading but the rest are just detailing the general day to day humdrumness (is that a word!?) of the writer's life.

What is it that makes these Blogs so interesting to read? If I wrote a blog about the comings and goings of my day it would read something like:

Got up and showered. Walked the Lurchers. Went to work. Worked. Went home for lunch. Went back to work again. Went home for tea. Surfed a bit. REad for a bit. Went to bed. Went to sleep.

There's obviously an art to making a Blog scintillating reading. And I don't have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.