Monday 26 June 2006

Bring me sunshine!

I bet the All England Lawn Tennis Association can't believe that, after all the sunshine and warm weather we've had, the first day of Wimbledon and it's persisting down!

We're only about a mile from the courts and I passed them on my way back from the bank this morning. Thousands of people milling about in their shorts or summer frocks (depending on whether they're in the cheap seats or hospitality!)....I hope they brought their brollies with them!

At least we had superb weather for our camping weekend. It was very relaxing and wonderful not to have to worry about a thing for a few days. There was a little drama on Friday afternoon with the new air bed, as mentioned in my previous post. I didn't actually hyperventilate blowing it up, as JG suggested I might, but I did hypervetilate not blowing it up. Because it's so big it comes with its own pump that plugs into the mains. Not a problem, I thought, as there's power where we were staying. What I failed to remember from last year is that although there are plug sockets there, the generator that powers them is embrokified, so they don't work. A minor sulking fit ensued until I remembered that a friend who lives not to far away had a battery operated pump. So a quick dash there and back and my kingsize airbed was inflated and I was a happy camper once more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.