Sunday 11 March 2007

Exhausted and broke. But happy! And then not.

Back from Crufts, exhausted after the best part of two days walking round; broke after buying too much stuff that I probably didn't need; and happy for seeing lots of friends I don't get to see often enough. Even if one of them did threaten to de-bag me in the restaurant to see if I was wearing the Playboy knickers! (I wasn't!)

Crufts is very tiring, there's no two ways about it and the crowds on Saturday just got the better of me. By lunchtime I had to get out and escape the madness. Fortunately we got most of the shopping out of the way on Friday (faux fur throw for my bed, two new dog-beds for the Lurchers and a boxful of new toys for them too).

Today started off badly when I found that Lola the Hamster had passed away in her sleep last night. They might only be little but they do find their way into your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.