Wednesday 27 December 2006

That's all over then

No sooner does Christmas arrive than it's all done and dusted and can be put back into the box for next year.

We had a good time wiht one or two minor blips along the way. OH decided to go into pissed-off mood on the way home on Christmas night. This despite it being gone midnight and us discussing and deciding some days before Christmas that we would come home, rather than find some floor space to sleep on. I soon put him straight on that and, fortunately for him, the mood passed.

We won't mention presents. Suffice to say a nightshirt and three pairs of knickers do not a Christmas make. Yes they were on my Christmas list and yes, they were things I wanted but there were lots of other much more interesting things on my list. Ho hum. That will teach me!

OH and I are off to buy our Christmas presents in the sales. We need so much for the cottage that we thought we wouldn't waste money on presents for ourselves this year. So hopefully we will be going out this weekend to buy a flat-screen TV - a bit of a luxury as our current TV is only about 3 years old but it's too big for the room. Also hoping to get a fridge-freezer and a small chest freezer.

Mum gave us money this year and not sure what we're doing with that yet. It's not enough to buy anything substantial but enough that I don't want to just fritter it away. I think we'll put it towards buying materials to frame all the prints we have that need framing. Another project OH says he can do rather than pay someone else exhorbitant sums of money to do it. Watch this space.

OH is also plotting something. A few times over the last few days he has suddenly stopped conversation when I've walked in the room. I think, judging by the few words I overheard, that it's something to do with chickens. This could be interesting!!

I ate far too much food and really can't face the thought of eating anything today, although 1/2 dozen chocolates seem to have slipped past my lips already.

Hope you all had a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.