Thursday 26 January 2006

Eeeewwww....

...something in my fridge smells. In fact, it smells a lot and, if OH doesn't eat it soon, it's going in the bin. It's cheese of course. Epoisses to be exact. I bought it by mistake when I was rushing around Tesco shopping the other day. It was, confusingly, in the same little round container as one of my more favourite cheeses, Pie d'Angloys.

The write up for Epoisses says "The pungent, spicy aroma is matched by the strong and meaty taste". For that, I can assure you, you can read "an aromatic mixture of six week old socks, ten week old unwashed armpits and a year old Rocquefort that tastes exactly as it smells".

It is, dear reader, disgusting. Cheese never tastes like it smells but this one does. Avoid like the plague!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.