Wednesday 2 November 2005

Fireworks

I hate fireworks. I used to love them until I got a Lurcher that is terrified of them. Lurcher No.1 doesn't bat an eyelid but Lurcher No.2 becomes a quivering panting heart pumping like a steamtrain wreck at the first bang.

It's so bad that I took advice from my vet who has prescribed an anti-anxiety drug for him. So far they work well - as long as you get them down his neck in time. That's sometimes difficult around West London as you never know when the damn things are going to start going off. Just when you think they've quietened down for the evening, off we go again. They've now been going off every evening for the last 10 days and I'm betting we still have a way to go.

I'm fed up with the damn things already. Enough is enough. Why can't they be limited to 5th November, or the closest Saturday and leave it at that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.