The best thing about Autumn and heading into Winter is that we can now get back to proper food. No more picky, unsatisfying salads, or getting the barbeque to light without smoking out the neighbours. No moving the contents of the kitchen to the garden or being attacked by marauding swarms of wasps and, in turn, becoming dinner for the local midge and mosquito population.
It's time for lamb, slowly roasted with rosemary; beef casserole and hearty homemade soups. Roast potatoes and roast parsnips, with the thin end burnt and crispy; mashed swede and mashed potatoes, melting with butter. Peas, swimming in rich gravy. Oh, and sprouts! I love sprouts! Apple pie and thick, creamy custard - bagsy I get the skin! It's time to dust off the slowcooker and arrive home to the smell of simmering stew and freshly baked bread.
Ahhhh......I do so love Autumn!
Happy birthday, sweet Hailey.
-
22 years ago today I was hooked up to a million monitors and thanking God
for epidurals. I was so worried that they’d mix up our baby with someone
else’s s...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.